Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I will never understand

I will never understand why some potato farmer in Idaho needs to send his tax dollars to Washington so that they can be then be used to fix a bridge in South Florida that he will never use.

It's not as if the politicians and bureaucrats in Washington are wizards at allocating resources. The incentives are terrible and more importantly, they don't have the knowledge that is required to make these kinds of decisions. They act as if they are engineering experts that know exactly which bridges and roads need to be fixed better than the people who actually live there.

I saw a pothole on my way in to work today. I'm not sure why Congress didn't know about it already, but maybe I will call them so they can pass legislation to fix the pothole.

No comments:

Post a Comment