Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pelosi going after the toddler vote

Nancy Pelosi said yesterday that the deficit commission's proposal to raise the retirement age to age 68 by 2050 and age 70 by 2075 is "simply unacceptable", and that we need to keep our "promises to our seniors".

Does she realize that the commission is proposing raising the retirement age on my 4 year old twins?

Actually, I told my son this morning that it didn't look like he was going to get his social security until he was 70, and he said "No!!!!", just as if I was telling him that we didn't have time to go out for ice cream. So maybe Nancy is onto to something.

But seriously, if President Obama wanted to see his approval rating go up by about 10 points, he should come out against Pelosi on this one. But I doubt he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment