Monday, May 24, 2010

A story about private property

I was talking to a friend this weekend and he was re-telling a story about a visit he had to a boat-hotel in the Bahamas. It's one of these hotels where you can dock your boat overnight while staying in the hotel. While he was there, a boat was stolen, despite the fact that the boat was locked and someone was sleeping (with a gun) on a nearby boat. Apparently, the hotel has a big problem with boat theft, and even the police and security guards seemed to be in on it.

After he told the story, I asked, "But what about the owner of the hotel? Why do they allow this to happen? If I owned that hotel, I would make certain that I had the proper security. Otherwise, why would anyone come to my hotel?"

And his response was, "Well, the hotel is owned by the Bahamian government."

No comments:

Post a Comment